Sunday, February 18, 2007

Somebody

I earn a salary, I think a good salary. Go to a pub, have a few drinks. Maybe I'm a litte high. Maybe..

But as you look around, you find a lot of youngsters(college/IT), enjoying & having a good time. And then you see...You see an ordinary guy, who has to wear a dress because his boss demands him to, he has to go around serving the beer, if he gets an order wrong, he gets the ire from the customer and then his boss, he has to jostle through the crowd carrying a plate full of drinks, he comes serves us, never complains. And then you wonder there, how much does this bloke get? Maximum 1000-5000 bucks a month, for all his hardwork, for all his dedication from morning to late night, 7 days a week. And then you sit and ask yourself about your salary, for all the work you don't do, for all the perks that you get, flexible times, free coffees, a good bench, team lunches, team dinners, parties, you get a good salary and I still complain that they don't pay enough. I jump companies, get hikes, get cars, get houses, get married...

And then you go back to the Pub, you still find that guy carrying around the drinks, getting the same salary, get the ire of everybody....And then you ask yourself, How much Do I get and how much more do you want? Probably your monthy salary is his yearly...maybe Less...But tommorrow I'll ask for more!!!!!

No comments: